Reconstruction of Siklós Castle
JUDIT BERNADETT KALO
Year of inauguration
Rising up from Nagyharsány plain to the south-west of Pécs, Siklós Castle was the seat of one of the most important noble families in Hungarian history. The frst written mentions of the castle date back to 1294. The inner castle, which forms the core of today’s group of buildings, consists of two-story baroque wings surrounding an almost square courtyard, with features that date back to mediaeval times. The most beautiful of these is the gothic castle chapel. The inner ensemble is encircled by double corniced walls adjoined by semi-circular towers and bastions.